I’ve always believe that there are no horrible cooks, only lazy ones.
Whenever I am free and not baking, I absolutely love to laze on my sofa surfing the internet for recipes, watching american dramas or tuning in to food channels and getting down to the kitchen for some cooking therapy. I really love the idea of communal dining (much alike kinfolk).
My kind of orgasm.
It excites me when my family and friends love my cooking and this roasted pork belly is my family’s current favorite. As the boyfriend said, it only gets better. *my heart was bursting out of joy when I heard that*
The crackling was perfectly crispy, fat melting in the mouth, tender meat and the process of making it couldn’t be easier. If this doesn’t tempt you to try this recipe, I have no idea what else will.
[Recipe] Ultimate Roasted Pork Belly
(adapted from ieatishootipost)
1.8kg Pork Belly
Five Spice Powder
White Vinegar (For the crackling)
*The night before baking or rather 24 hours prior to roasting*
1. Make a few slits on the skin of the pork belly. ( I got the butcher to do it for me!)
2. Use a meat tenderizer to tenderize the pork for 3- 5 mins.
3. Prick the skin of the belly with a skin pricker all over.
4. Season the pork belly with salt, pepper and five spice powder on both the meat and skin.
5. Leave it in the fridge to dry for at least 24hours or overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 200 degree c.
7. Bake the seasoned pork belly for 1hour 10mins or until internal meat temperature hits at least 75 degree c.
8. Glaze the skin heavily with vinegar and turn up the temperature to the maximum.
9. Allow the skin to blister and nicely charred in the oven until satisfactory. (Usually around 10-12 mins in my case but it is subjective to individual)
10. Use a knife to scrap away the charred bits if it is too charred?
11. You will end up with a crazy delicious roasted pork belly aka siobak in the singapore chinese world.